SAMPLE TEXT FOR YOUR PAGE
Your page has an optional section “For the environment” Here are some ideas you might like to include. It can be as simple as one thing like ‘we have a strong recycling policy’. That’s a start and you may consider other ideas later.
For the environment we:
- it is a gradual process to make organisational change to reduce waste and we are progressively considering options.
- take all reasonable steps to recycle plastic and other waste.
- where practical purchase products and produce with the least plastic packaging.
- provide non-plastic drinking straws or reusable drinking straws in our food outlets.
- provide non-plastic cutlery and/or plates for take aways.
- use non plastic fully compostable lids and cups for take aways.
- use non-plastic, non-polystyrene/Styrofoam take-away containers.
- do not serve water in plastic bottles.
- staff are encouraged to pick up plastics when doing their other duties around the property.
- have a staff member spend one hour each week checking the property for small plastic rubbish.
- have an optional bath towel reuse policy to save water and chemicals.
- have water efficient shower roses.
- where possible we source local produce. It’s fresh and has least possible carbon footprint.
- we compost food waste. Perhaps: we use it in our on-site garden.
- use solar power OR we purchase only 100% renewable electricity.
- have LEDs for most of our lighting.
- use hybrid or electric vehicles in our fleet.
- have printed cards that customers can take and consider signing up to Plastic Free Oceans.
- often add general posts, like I would to Facebook, to our Plastic Free Oceans page then click the share buttons to Facebook and/or Twitter so others see it and also become part the solution to the plastics crisis.
- allow a staff member one/x hour/s per week, in work time, to volunteer for Plastic Free Oceans.
- have business cards with our page link, so guests can share our journey to clean up the planet.
- display a Plastics Free Oceans poster encouraging people to follow our lead.
- donate to Plastic Free Oceans.
- And any other environmental initiatives your hotel applies …. you get the idea.