SAMPLE TEXT FOR YOUR PUBLIC PAGE
Your page has an optional section “For the environment we:” Here are some ideas that will help the environment and build stronger long term customer relationships – because they see you care. Add the points you do and give consideration to the others.
The first point is ‘business reality’ – it’s a step wise process and will take time – and some things simply may not get done because they can not fit your business model – that’s fine – share the things you are already doing or working toward.
- it is a gradual process to make organisational change to reduce waste and we are progressively considering options.
- take all reasonable steps to recycle plastic waste.
- aim to purchase products and produce with the least plastic packaging.
- staff are encouraged to pick up plastics when doing their other duties around the property.
- provide non-plastic drinking straws or reusable drinking straws in our food outlets.
- provide non-plastic cutlery and/or plates for take aways.
- use non plastic fully compostable lids and cups for take aways.
- use non-plastic, non-polystyrene/Styrofoam take-away containers.
- do not serve water in plastic bottles.
- when travelling prefer hotels listed on Plastic Free Oceans – I encourage them to list.
- use solar power OR we purchase only 100% renewable electricity.
- have LEDs for most of our lighting.
- use hybrid or electric vehicles.
- display a Plastics Free Oceans poster encouraging people to follow our lead.
- have printed cards that customers can take and consider signing up.
- often add general posts, like I would to Facebook, to my PFO page then click the share buttons to Facebook and/or Twitter so others see my PFO post and I hope they will also become part the solution to the plastics crisis.
- allow a staff member one/x hours per week, in work time, to volunteer for Plastic Free Oceans.
- donate to Plastic Free Oceans.
- … you get the idea.