Additional environmental checks to consider
In addition to the checklist you may also consider these points to reduce environmental impact.
- limit the amount of paper used in meetings and conferences.
- have water in jugs and reusable cups in meetings and conferences.
- have electronic rather than paper newsletters.
- use public transport where practical.
- car pool when travelling to activities.
- take all reasonable steps to recycle waste.
- compost food waste.
- when travelling prefer hotels listed on Plastic Free Oceans – it’s early days for us so encourage them to list .
- use LEDs for lighting.
- use solar power OR purchase only 100% renewable electricity.
- list in your page the environmental activities you support in the community.
- add general posts, like you would to Facebook, on your PFO Page then click the share buttons to Facebook and/or Twitter.
- volunteer for Plastic Free Oceans.
- display a HERO poster and encourage people to follow your page.
- maybe a fundraiser for Plastic Free Oceans – next development project is an App to match the website.