SAMPLE TEXT FOR YOUR PUBLIC PAGE
Your page has an optional section “For the environment we:” Here are some ideas.
- Add actions you take from a community leadership perspective.
- when travelling prefer hotels listed on Plastic Free Oceans – I encourage them to list.
- take all reasonable steps to recycle plastic waste.
- aim to purchase products and produce with the least plastic packaging.
- provide non-plastic drinking straws or reusable drinking straws in our food outlets.
- allow a staff member one/x hours per week, in work time, to volunteer for Plastic Free Oceans.
- display a HERO poster encouraging people to be HEROES for Plastic Free Oceans.
- have printed cards that customers can take and consider signing up.
- provide non-plastic cutlery and/or plates for take aways.
- use non plastic fully compostable lids and cups for take aways.
- use non-plastic, non-polystyrene/Styrofoam take-away containers.
- do not serve water in plastic bottles.
- use solar power OR we purchase only 100% renewable electricity.
- have LEDs for most of our lighting.
- use hybrid or electric vehicles.
- often add general posts, like I would to Facebook, to my PFO page then click the share buttons to Facebook and/or Twitter so others see my PFO post and I hope they will also become part the solution to the plastics crisis.
- … you get the idea.